Holly Heisey launched their writing career in sixth grade when they wrote their class play, a medieval fantasy. It was love at first dragon. Since then, their short fiction has appeared in Intergalactic Medicine Show, The Doomsday Chronicles, Clockwork Phoenix 5, and Transcendent: The Year's Best Transgender Speculative Fiction, and has been translated into German and Estonian. A freelance illustrator and designer by day, Holly lives in Arizona with Larry and Moe, their two pet cacti, and they are currently at work on a science fantasy epic.
A note on pronouns: I am non-binary gender and use they/them/their pronouns, Mx., and “person.” If you're unsure of pronoun usage or gender-neutral forms of address, just ask.
Really Important Stuff (Favorite Books Ever, in No Particular Order):
- A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L’Engle
- Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
- The Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster Bujold
- The Seafort Saga by David Feintuch
- Spin the Sky by Katy Stauber
- The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss
- Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher
- Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown
- The Foreigner series by C.J. Cherryh
- Children of Dune by Frank Herbert
More Really Important Stuff (Also in No Particular Order):
- I make book covers for a living. This is exactly as awesome as it sounds.
- I’m a polyglot in training. I’ve got German, Russian, Portuguese, and Turkish in various states of learning, in roughly that order.
- I once named my wifi network HelloMyNameIsInigoMontoya. Unfortunately, no one renamed theirs YouKilledMyFatherPrepareToDie.
- I read almost entirely in audiobooks. I love the moments where story and narration meld into something transcendent.
- I have watched the movie Serenity at least 20 times. And Titan A.E. And getting there with The Force Awakens and Man of Steel.
- I am psychic, for reals. It's fun. Ask me to read your aura some time.
- If I could be anyone from any fandom, I’d be a Jedi. Because Jedi. Well, and maybe Zoe from Firefly. But I always come up in the online tests as River. Huh.
- I can easily be distracted by anything colorful or shiny or emitting TARDIS-like whooshing sounds.
- I am in love with The Piano Guys.
- Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!