Holly Heisey is an author, illustrator, and designer with a love of spaceships and a tendency to quote Monty Python. They’ve had stories in Intergalactic Medicine Show, Escape Pod, Clockwork Phoenix 5, and Transcendent: The Year's Best Transgender Speculative Fiction volumes one and two, as well as translated into German and Estonian. Holly lives in Arizona with Larry, their pet cactus, who doesn’t bite. They’re currently at work on a space opera epic.
A note on pronouns: I am non-binary gender and use they/them/their pronouns, Mx., and “person.” If you're unsure of pronoun usage or gender-neutral forms of address, just ask.
Really Important Stuff (Favorite Books Ever, in No Particular Order):
- A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L’Engle
- Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
- The Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster Bujold
- The Seafort Saga by David Feintuch
- Spin the Sky by Katy Stauber
- The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss
- Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher
- Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown
- The Foreigner series by C.J. Cherryh
- Children of Dune by Frank Herbert
More Really Important Stuff (Also in No Particular Order):
- I make book covers for a living. This is exactly as awesome as it sounds.
- I’m a polyglot in training. I’ve got German, Russian, Portuguese, and Turkish in various states of learning, in roughly that order.
- I once named my wifi network HelloMyNameIsInigoMontoya. Unfortunately, no one renamed theirs YouKilledMyFatherPrepareToDie.
- I read almost entirely in audiobooks. I love the moments where story and narration meld into something transcendent.
- I have watched the movie Serenity at least 20 times. And Titan A.E. And getting there with The Force Awakens and Man of Steel.
- I am psychic, for reals. It's fun. Ask me to read your aura some time.
- If I could be anyone from any fandom, I’d be a Jedi. Because Jedi. Well, and maybe Zoe from Firefly. But I always come up in the online tests as River. Huh.
- I can easily be distracted by anything colorful or shiny or emitting TARDIS-like whooshing sounds.
- I am in love with The Piano Guys.
- Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!